Hello, I miss you gays so much, so what’s your cooking study recently? Ok, whatever, I just want to thank you guys support for my Dutch Oven recipes and nice recommend. Today, let’s get close with this beautiful food we can leave it. It give us wonderful appetites every time. You can imagine that the golden baked layer, crunchy edges of melted cheese, flavorful tomato sauce, and fragrant Italian seasonings. When I miss my mom’s cook that I’d like to cook this food. It’s delicious and terrific when you look at it’s appearance and will be absorbed by it’s smell and taste. Food is our life’s essential stuff so be a good cooker that will give life much happiness and expectation. We need be elegant, gorgeous not be a sloppy and uninteresting person.
Of course, the camping trip should still keep going on, we get natural relationship with the nature scenery. So my friends give a chance for yourself to experience the Dutch oven campfire lasagna.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups pasta sauce(a 24 or 25 ounce jar is perfect)
- 12 oz fresh lasagna noodles divided into 4 sets (thawed if frozen)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese mozzarella or a blend of Italian-style cheeses works best
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or basil or ablend of the two
Equipment needed: 10″ (4 qt) Cast Iron Dutch Oven
Dutch oven lid lifter Measuring cups& spoons
- PRE-HEAT: Obviously, we need a firing heat. If cooking over a campfire, so this time we need about 25 coals total. This is still a Dutch oven recipe So If cooking at home, preheat your oven to 400.
- So at this moment , we need to prepare the lasagna. If you have any trouble of choosing a suitable lasagna, the easiest way to get delicious, toothsome lasagna without any undercooked surprises is to use pre-made fresh pasta. And the first step, spraying the bottom of a 10″ Dutch oven with the olive oil to help prevent the bottom layer from sticking. And then we need to add 1/2 cup pasta sauce and spread balanced over the bottom of the Dutch oven. So we have four layer noodles, use the first set of noodles to create the base of the lasagna. Layer 1/2 cup sauce, 1 cup baby spinach, and 1/3 cup cheese. And we need to repeat twice the same actions to add these things one by one. For the final layer, use the last set of noodles, 1/2 cup sauce, and 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle the oregano over the top.
- BAKE: Use 8 coals to create a bed to set your Dutch oven on. Place the Dutch oven on top of the coals. Cover the oven with the lid, and place the remaining 17 coals on top of the lid. If cooking at home, simply cover your Dutch oven and stick it in your preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes, until the noodles are tender and cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- SERVE: oh, it’s finished. Take the Dutch oven off the heat. Carefully remove the lid and set aside. Cut the lasagna into 4 wedges. So, let’s have a brilliant dinner with the families.
So what an flavorsome and appetizing food that get you enthusiastic to taste. Just a cast iron Dutch oven and fresh pasta are closely related to you making lasagna the next time when you’re out camping. So what are you waiting for! Come on. I think that you will gain unforgettable memory in this camp.
Do you like eating fruit? I know that fruit have many beneficial nutrition and substances. So you may have a good appetite on
Camper’s Outdoor Apple Cobbler. So this is a new way for me to use Dutch oven to cook some cobbler. I understand that you have huge passion to learn it. Definitely, the brightly beautiful surface and the special stuffed will move your tongue in an amazing feeling.
So my dear friends, let’s expected for the next’s communication and wish you a great weekends.